The Colegio Online Aparicio (we, us, our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all our learners and parents concerning to students less than 18 yea’s old, site users seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
Privacy & General Principles
This policy applies to our processing of data collected through any means, actively as well as passively from persons located anywhere in the world. Any question regarding our processing of personal data may be directed to the Financial Director.
The Colegio Online Aparicio, Head Office in Maynards Road it is not open to the public, we are working all online in the Head Quarters of London HP24TR.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use.
We will be guided by the following principles when processing data:
- We will only collect data for specific and specified purposes; we will make it clear at the point when we request your information, what we are collecting it for and how we are going to use it.
- Will not collect data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes; we will minimise the amount of information we collect from you to what we need to deliver the services required.
- We will collect and use your personal information only if we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as managing a booking or gathering necessary information about a new member of staff or homestay.
- We will not use data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent.
- We will seek to verify and/or update data periodically, and we will accept requests for amendments of personal data.
- We will apply high technical standards to make our processing of data secure.
- Except when stated in this, we will not store data in identifiable form longer than is necessary to accomplish its purpose, or as is required by law.
We collect information on you:
- When you apply to join a course or programme at the school
- When you contact us for information, via our website, by email, by phone, in person or via social media channels.
- When you work with us in a commercial capacity
- When you apply to be a homestay host
- When you apply to work at The Colegio Online Aparicio School and when you are subsequently employed by The Colegio Online Aparicio School courses
- If you post on our social media channels or on our website or blog
Legal bases for processing your data.
The General Data Protection Regulation EU (GDPR) establishes 6 legal bases on which we can process your data: these are Consent, Contract, Legal Obligation, Vital Interests, Public Task and Legitimate Interests. For further information about these legal bases and fuller definitions, please refer to the ICO website, Information Commissioner’s Office.
We use different legal bases for processing your data depending on the purpose for collecting your data in the first instance:
- For all data collected as part of the process of enquiring about, applying for and booking a course or for any other related service (e.g. homestay, airport transfer, social programme, insurance to cover you during your stay, access to our online study portal London School Online, or where you give us feedback about aspects of this provision, we process using Contract or Legitimate Interests, namely the fulfilment of the booking. This may include sending of your data to our partners such as Educational Tour Operators (ETOs). Where required by law to do so, we may also process your data under Legal Obligation.
- Any processing of customer data not directly related to the fulfilment of a booking or related service, such as signing up for blog updates on our website or sending messages to you on behalf of third parties, is managed under Consent. From time to time, we may use elements of the data you supply to target the messages we send to you. For example, we may use your location to send you information about an event or opportunity happening in your area. During your stay at Colegio Online Aparicio School, we may take photographs or videos of you, and the use and processing of these is also managed through Consent.
- For all data collected as part of managing our relationship with commercial partners, such as Atos, Government Agencies and Schools, we process using Contract, Legitimate Interest and Legal Obligation, namely the maintenance of the commercial relationship. As newsletters to commercial partners are an important part of how we communicate with them, these are managed under Legitimate Interest.
- For all data collected as part of the process of employing and managing staff, we process using Contract, Legal Obligation and Legitimate Interests, namely the employment of the employee. This will include data required for HMRC, pensions, insurance (including staff health insurance cover). As newsletters to our staff are an important part of how we communicate with them, these are managed under Legitimate Interest.
- For all data collected as part of the process of recruiting and managing homestay providers, we process using Contract, Legal Obligation and Legitimate Interests, namely the maintenance of the relationship with the homestay.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is Legitimate Interest, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is Legitimate Interest, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
We will make it as easy as we can for you to opt out of unwanted processing under Consent, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the primary service you have requested.
We collect data for a wide range of purposes. Data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system when it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, retained for legal reasons, or minimised and retained.
We are co-processors of information relating to marketing and booking clients with partners overseas (for example Atos, schools, government and national sponsors). As such, we may transfer some data outside of the EU, but this will be limited to data necessary for the performance of a contract made in the interests of the individual (which is an exemption to the 8th principle of the GDPR legislation).
We remain responsible for the data held, processed or sent via our systems. We are not responsible for the security and processing of data which is held, processed or sent via our partners’ systems. However, we require all our partners overseas to confirm that they will process data securely in line with the requirements of GDPR UE or the equivalent in their country. We do not sell your data at any time.
Special Category Data/Criminal Record Data
We may request health data from potential students, clients and employees. This data has special protection under the GDPR UK where is our Head Office of the Colegio Online Aparicio school and in turn, having international students, we apply them, within the community or non-European community under the specific conditions listed in Article 9 (2) of the GDPR UK and European Commission that processing is necessary either to protect the vital interests of the data subject, (or of another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent), or where processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine or the assessment of the working capacity of an employee.
Information collected via our website.
How we will use information collected by our website
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process a booking for one of our courses or products
- To manage and application to work for the school, or to be a homestay.
- To create a profile for you to help us provide a more personalised service which is suited to meet your preferences.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To send you our newsletters or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Links from our website